Welcome back to the world of Dark Sun. This is a story-driven campaign set 10 years after the events in my original Dark Sun campaign in 2E D&D many years ago. For some of you, this is a familair experience and many of the faces and places will seem like old friends…or enemies. Some of you will feel your skin burn, the crack of the slaver’s whip, or the tearing of fang and claw for the first time.
First and foremost, this campaign is about YOU. The more the players put into the narrative, the more you will get out of it. I have plans for you, ohhhh yes, yes, yes. The best sessions will come come however from the plans you make for yourselves.
Lastly, a few simple guidelines:
1) Have fun. However, remember that your fun should not preclude others enjoyment.
2) Be patient. Tolerance for other player’s (and the DM’s)styles of play goes a long way.
3) Be prepared. Know your character and what it can do, or not do.
4) Be interactive. Everyone’s playstyle is different. Share yours with the group and try not to sit quietly till it is time to roll dice.
…and last, but not least:
5) No electronic devices at the table. This includes smartphones, laptops, I-Pads, and Norad Defense Systems. We are here to roleplay and these things cause unneccessary distractions. Sports scores, weather updates, facebook posts, and other media sources can be checked after the game is over or on a regular break, not at the table. All we need to play this game is paper, (physical) dice, pencil, and imagination.
If you are a visitor to these endless dunes, feel free to look around. Currently, I have been developing this site for only a short time and it’s essence will evolve more and more as time goes on. If you see something in this wikki that you feel you could use, go right ahead and copy/paste it, particularly if it is source material straight out of the Dark Sun books. If I can save you some typing, then that’s a good thing. Also, I have made use of this philosophy and lifted some materials from WotC sources and other places on the internet. It is not meant to challenge ownership or take anything away from the hard work of others. If you see something that is a problem, let me know and I will address it asap. Any questions, insights, or comments from visitors can be left in the comments section. We would love to hear from you.
From time to time, I post some of my thoughts on Dark Sun at Robert J. Schwalb’s web site. Robert was one of the designers for the 4E Dark Sun Campaign Setting. Check out his site, it’s good stuff!
I look forward to creating fantastic stories of blood, sand, and sun with all of you…