- If you roll a natural “1”, then your weapon has a chance of breaking. Roll a saving throw with a bonus equal to the enhancment bonus of the weapon. A failed saving throw means your weapon gains the Broken property. A successful saving throw means the weapon gains the Damaged property. Metal weapons are not subject to weapon breakage.
- Broken property: Loses all other weapon properties and powers. Functions as an improvised weapon.
- Damaged property: -1 to attack and Damage rolls, lose all other weapon properties.
- A damaged weapon automaticaly breaks if a natural “1” is rolled.
- Inherent bonuses are in effect.
- Weapons receive a penalty to saving throws based on the material it is made from:
- Bone: -1
- Wood: -2
- Obsidian: -3